All these supplements in my cupboard when breathing walking sleeping, loving are free! In the obsession to fix parts of my overused body, I often forget that it heals itself given a spacious and unattached mind.
With the simple labour of walking, I breathe in the biome of the bush near my home. It’s fungi, bacteria – god forbid viruses – mingle with my own, having their own friendly duel on my behalf.
The Noise of the World turned down for a moment, body counts and sickness rates. Only the trees and birds flaunt the lockdown with their morning broadcast.
Life and death in the Valley. Its unstoppable natural cycle, soothes the aching heart. The swamp wallaby maintains its 1.5 m distance before dashing to safety. Wise fellow!
This long, weird, Easter Weekend find a way to let the simplicity and gentle rhythm of nature raise your vibration, immunity and heal you.
And of course, your immune system will thank you for having in place a solid nutritional foundation based on quality wholefood, dense with nutrients and very low in sugar and carbs. Your best defense.
Try the following from the comfort of your kitchen:
- Make your own liver pate! Liver is the richest source of fat soluble vitamins A, D3 and K2 (MK-4) for immunity. I buy organic liver and meat at Prime Valley. Here is a simple recipe to serve on falafel crackers.
Other rich sources of fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K are found in organic meats, fish, offal, eggs and emu oil., green leafy vegetables, nuts and seeds. Make friends with your local butcher; ask for marrow bones and the cheaper cuts like beef brisket and beef cheek for slow cooked and highly nutritious sources of protein, essential fats, minerals like iron, zinc and nutrients like B complex and choline.
And dont’ forget to get outside for Vitamin D sunshine. With so much more time spent indoors we all need to keep an eye on Vitamin D levels. Get tested every 6 months and take a supplement if needed.
- Make you own liposomal Vitamin C. The combination of Vitamin C with fats called phospholidpids sourced from organic non-GMO sunflower lecithin or soy, enables easier absorption by the body. It also boosts the liver and brain with a nutrient called choline.
if you don’t want to make it then I recommend the compounding pharmacist, Ian Owles for his 4 stage process that produces high quality absorbable liposomal Vitamin C.
- Grow your own culinary herbs and spices especially thyme, oregano, garlic, ginger and turmeric to support immunity. Arcadia Alchemy makes up herbal tissanes and adrenal tonics using the dried herbs rhodiola, ashwagandha, Siberian ginseng, schissandra berry, passionflower, lemon balm, and licorice. Glycyrrhizin (licorice root extract) is one of the botanical world’s most effective compounds against this specific type of SARS-CoV2 virus.
- Medicinal mushrooms are potent immune boosters such as cordyceps, reishi, lion’s mane, chaga, and shiitake. These can be eaten as food or added as a powder to soups, smoothies and drinks.
- Cook more sustainable caught fish such as Ora King Salmon for their anti-inflammatory immune boosting omega 3 essential fatty acids. Eat more sardines and mackerel and seeds like flax, chia and hemp to support inflammation and immunity.
- Make your own ferments -kraut, kimchi, kefir – or buy spore based or wholefood based probitotics to support your gut and train the immune system to fight infection.
- Spend time with pets – yours and others – play games, drink G and T’s, make your own chocolate, garden and laugh a lot this Easter.